2021 has been a good year for slots so far. Being an online venture, slots managed to dodge the 2020 – 2021 business struggle and are going as strong as ever. We already have new releases from industry-leading developers like Quickspin, Thunderkick, NetEnt, Yggdrasil and more.
But what are the prospects of playing pay by phone slots? Players often ask for advice that could bring them closer to winning. In this game of chance, there are a few things to consider that could help you make the right decisions. All about these things is revealed in this article.
Do check the RTP and Volatility
Slot machines are often thought to provide an “all or nothing” type of game. Back in the early-to-mid 20th century, such information as the RTP and volatility didn’t exist, so players wagered their money blindly, not knowing what to expect at all. It isn’t quite the case today.
- RTP stands for Return To Player. The RTP percentage is a measure of the percentage of stakes a game returns to players (generally over a minimum of one million plays) and is a generally accepted guide to how a game will perform. Using this information the player can choose his games accordingly, that is with the highest RTP percentage available.
- Most games today have good hit rates, meaning that medium-to-small wins will land into your bankroll frequently, which keeps you in the game for longer.
- Volatility is a measurement of risk. A highly volatile game will have long series of low-paying, or zero return spins followed by random bigger wins. A game with a low volatility index will return money to the player more often but in smaller amounts. The player can choose a volatile or not so volatile game according to their bankroll or playing style.
Overall, choosing the correct game for you could impact your session greatly. Slots might look all the same to a fresh eye, but they’re all very different in the way they play and pay out.
Do manage your bankroll
To stay in the game for long enough without breaking the bank, some consideration and good managing skills are needed.
- Low bet – more spins, lower risk, higher chance to hit bonuses through longer gameplay.
- High bet – more risk, fewer spins, a higher chance for big payouts.
- Betting 1% of your bankroll is a common practice. This provides you with at least 100 spins at an optimal bet range.
- Set daily and weekly spending limits and stick to them.
- Use casino bonus offers. These can double your bankroll, keep you in the game for long periods of time and provide other fun perks. Bonuses come with wagering requirements, so choose according to personal preference.
Do read casino reviews
Sometimes we will hear from a disappointed player who claims to have been cheated by the casino or otherwise treated unfairly. As unfortunate as that is, the reviews are there so you don’t make the same mistakes. Do look up reviews for your chosen casinos to avoid unfair treatment.