The ultimate guide to choosing the right sticker material for product labeling
When it comes to product labeling, there are many different factors to consider in order to make the best decision for your business. You need to think about the durability of the sticker, how it will look on the product, and what kind of adhesive is needed.
But how are you meant to figure all of that out? In this guide, we will help you choose the best sticker material. We will introduce you to four questions you need to ask yourself before placing your sticker order.
1. What are the different types of sticker materials available, and what are their benefits?
There are many different materials that can be used for product labels. The most common materials are paper and vinyl.
Custom paper stickers are typically less durable than vinyl, but they are 100% compostable, making them perfect for eco-conscious brands and businesses that want to transition to greener packaging.
Vinyl stickers are more of an all-rounder. They are durable, weather – and waterproof. This means that vinyl stickers can be applied to products that will be used outdoors as well as indoors.
2. How do you know which type of material is best for your product labeling needs?
The best way to determine which type of material is best for your product labeling needs is to consider the durability of the label, how the label will look on the product, and what kind of adhesive is needed.
- Durability: How long do you want your labels to last? Will they be used around water? Vinyl labels are perfect for long-term uses and are waterproof, whereas paper labels are ideal for short-term uses like packaging seals.
- Look: What do you want your labels to represent? Luxury and quality? Then glitter labels are for you. Do you want to communicate efficiency? Try a silver label.
- Adhesive strength: As long as your stickers will be stuck so a smooth, flat surface, a medium-strength adhesive will do the trick. If you are unsure, reach out to your sticker printer of trust.
3. How can you find the right supplier for your needs?
When you google custom labels, you will come across many sticker printers. But how can you find the right professional sticker printing company? Think about your needs, you should consider your budget, the printing methods used and the turnaround time that will work for you
Once you have a list of potential suppliers, you can narrow down your choices by reading online reviews and asking for samples. Also, be sure that your supplier of choice offers free design proofs. This will save you a lot of trouble in the long run.
Now that you know all about choosing the right sticker material for product labeling, you can make the best decision for your business, no matter if you are after die-cut stickers or sheet labels. Do you have more tips we should add? Let us know in the comments,