Cloud computing is a revolution, not a bit of technology. With the support of cloud computing, most businesses have decreased their costs and achieved better results in essential company operations. Companies use the cloud to host their whole computing infrastructure. However, cloud architecture remains a challenging necessity. As a result, the professional cloud architect career path is most promising for cloud seekers.
Cloud architecture skills are popular among businesses looking to administer and operate their cloud architecture resources. Many people are looking to online learning platforms to improve their skills and gain cloud architecture knowledge to help them stand out. And whether you want to learn cloud architecture for work or fun, a wide range of cloud architecture courses can help you understand the basics quickly so you can master several of the most extensively used technologies.
Cloud architects are projected to be in high demand as part of digital transformation efforts, with forecasts predicting that they will be among the top ten most in-demand technology roles in 2021. Let’s look at what cloud architecture is and what a cloud architect’s career path entails.
What is Cloud Architecture?
Cloud architecture describes the technical components used to develop a cloud, in which resources are combined and shared along a network using virtualization technologies. Organizations can use cloud computing architecture to reduce or eliminate dependency on an on-premises server, storage, and networking infrastructure.
Cloud Architect – Job description
Cloud architects are Information Technology (IT) professionals responsible for directing a company’s cloud computing system, transforming its technical needs into the architecture and design that will define the final product. They keep track of cloud activity, create and deploy apps, plan strategies, and specify computer loads. Cloud Architects frequently collaborate on projects with other technology team members, such as DevOps engineers and developers.
Cloud architects should know the concepts and elements involved in continuous integration and delivery and offer expert guidance to development teams regarding infrastructure. Architects must assume responsibility for IT environments during their life cycles.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for cloud architects is increasing exponentially, with over a thousand new positions predicted to be created each year from 2024.
Cloud Architects – Necessary skills
According to an analysis of various job portals, if you want to work as a Cloud Architect, you should focus on the following skills.
● Thorough understanding of programming languages such as Python, Ruby, and Elixir
● IT engineering as background
● Excellent leadership abilities
● Good written and verbal communication skills
● Advanced skills
Follow these skills to broaden your professional opportunities:
● Understanding of multiple complicated IT infrastructures
● Current Professional Cloud Architect (PCSA), Certified Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and other related certifications can increase your skills and lead to greater career chances.
How to start a Cloud career path?
Getting started with the cloud can be pretty perplexing at first. However, with the appropriate guidance, you may reach the heights as well. Follow these steps to understand the fundamentals and advance to the next level.
1. Earn a Bachelor’s degree:
The first step toward being a cloud engineer is obtaining the required education and a degree and gaining the essential hands-on experience. Although the academic requirements for cloud engineering positions are unclear, having a degree or certificate in a relevant discipline will help you stand out. While some employers prefer individuals with a bachelor’s degree, others prefer candidates with a master’s degree in computer science or a similar discipline.
2. Select the proper certification:
In the second phase, you can select the appropriate certification program that is in demand and aligns with your current skill set. This accreditation should be up to date on the newest marketing trends and precise in all aspects. Choose the best learning partner to help you on your path to becoming a successful cloud specialist. The following certifications may improve your chances of securing your first job as a cloud architect:
● AWS Certified Solutions Architect: Amazon Web Providers is one of the most popular cloud services. Certification shows that you can manage AWS Developer Associate Certification in Prague cloud applications and infrastructure.
● Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect: Google’s cloud architect certification evaluates your abilities to build, plan, operate, and offer the architecture and infrastructure of cloud systems. Compliance and security issues are also investigated, as are the evaluation and optimization of cloud architecture, specifically on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
● IBM Cloud Computing Solution Architect: This IBM certification validates developing and planning cloud architectures and administering the IBM cloud computing infrastructure.
● Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies: After completing this certification course, a participant will be recognized as an Azure cloud architect. Participants learn to design architecture, execute applications, handle security, and run apps and build cloud and Azure storage solutions.
3. Improve technical knowledge:
To expand cloud industries, a cloud professional must have excellent technical abilities in Linux, DevOps, Docker, and Databases.
4. Acquire Relevant Hands-on Experience:
To acquire a competitive advantage in today’s job market, seek opportunities to gain relevant hands-on experience. Whether you are already in the IT sector or not, you can dig into your existing professional network or make new connections that will allow you to gain exposure in this subject. It will enable you to learn from the experiences of others and perhaps find opportunities to get involved in projects that will help you advance your skills further.
According to a new Indeed.com analysis, the global public cloud services market will reach $331.2 billion by 2022, making the cloud services business three times larger than overall IT services. The need for Cloud Architects is expected to expand by 5% between 2018 and 2028.
Cloud architects are among the cloud-related occupations that are in exceptionally high demand right now. These are the individuals that are in charge of an organization’s cloud computing architecture. The Cloud Architect will be responsible for the strategic maintenance of all cloud systems, including front-end platforms, servers, storage, and management networks. They are becoming increasingly relevant as cloud technologies and settings get complicated.