Omega-3 supplements have become more common than ever before. The world is waking up to the potential of these nutrients in keeping you healthy and free from illnesses. TrueBasics Omega supplements give you different choices that you can choose from according to your dietary preferences and requirements.
What Are TrueBasics Omega Supplements?
TrueBasics Omega-3 supplements give you a concentrated and easy-to-use option to get your daily required intake of Omega-3. These are a category of fatty acids that are classified as essential nutrients.
Omega-3 fatty acids are necessary for many metabolic activities in the human body. However, the body is not capable of producing them. So, you need to make sure that you are including them in your food through different nutritional sources.
Fish, flaxseed, plant oils and nuts are the most common natural sources of these nutrients. However, if you are unable to obtain them through your regular diet, TrueBasics Omega-3 capsules and tablets make sure that you do not have to worry about any deficiency-related issues.
Benefits of Choosing Omega-3 Supplements
In addition to supplements like protein powder and multivitamins, a lot of health conscious individuals are also including Omega-3 supplements in their stack for various reasons:
- They boost cardiovascular health: When we think of fat or fatty acids, we immediately associate them with issues related to the heart. There are some types of fat that are harmful for cardiovascular health, no doubt. However, essential fatty acids like Omega-3 have an opposite effect on your heart health. They reduce the level of cholesterol in the body, preventing blockages. They also keep the heart muscles free from oxidative stress, improving your overall cardiovascular health.
- They improve joint mobility: The anti-inflammatory properties of Omega-3 fatty acids are very useful in maintaining the health of your joints. They can reduce the pain caused by health conditions like arthritis. The result of this is that you enjoy better joint mobility. For those who train on a regular basis, Omega-3 is speculated to prevent damage caused by strenuous physical activity by keeping the joint lubricated and cushioned.
- They keep your skin healthy: Omega-3 fatty acids help retain moisture in your skin, making it look supple and radiant. In addition to that, these fatty acids remove any free radicals from the surface of the skin, preventing issues like dark spots, fine lines and other signs of aging.
- They prevent degenerative diseases: The primary cause for degenerative diseases is wear and tear of your cells and tissues as you age. Of course, the ability of your body to carry out various metabolic processes declines with age. However, when you use a strong antioxidant like Omega-3 in your diet, you can defer age-related issues by many years. They keep your cells protected from any oxidative stress or damage, allowing them to function optimally for many more years.
- They boost cognitive performance: We normally relate fish oil supplements or Omega-3 supplements to early developing years and cognitive processes like memory. While it is true that DHA, a type of Omega-3 fatty acid, is invaluable for the development of the brain in children between the ages of 0-6 years, they are also necessary for adults. The antioxidant properties of these fatty acids protect the cells of the brain and nervous system, ensuring retention of cognitive health and prevention of issues like anxiety, depression and common degenerative diseases.
What To Look For
Whenever you decide to include any Omega-3 supplement in your diet, there are some features that you should look for.
- Purest form of Omega-3- The fish oil used in these supplements should be derived from high quality sources. They must also be purified using techniques like molecular distillation which helps remove any impurities or heavy metals like mercury. These purification processes also improve the concentration of Omega-3 fatty acids like DHA and EPA.
- No fishy aftertaste: Choose a product that has enteric coating. With products that do not have this coating, you will experience a fishy aftertaste which is quite unpleasant. These products will also offer advanced delivery of the nutrients to help you make the most of it.
- Vegetarian and vegan options: If you do not wish to use products derived from fish, the good news is that you can opt for ones made with plant based sources like flaxseed oil.
- The daily value of the nutrients: This is the most important thing to check before you buy any product. Up to 1000mg of Omega-3 fatty acids is recommended for healthy adults on a daily basis. Look for products that contain a good concentration of EPA and DHA as well. That way, you will be able to notice the benefits of these products much faster.
TrueBasics gives you the option of different types of Omega-3 supplements. All these products share common features mentioned above that have made them very popular among users.