How to Write a Research Paper Correctly
Research is a thorough analysis or detailed study of specific problems using special scientific methods aimed at describing, explaining, predicting, and controlling the observed (studied) phenomenon. Writing a research paper may cause some difficulties. To prevent them, you can find help by simply googling “pay someone to write my research paper.” You will find a service that provides help from professional writers. One of these writers will be able to help you write your research paper quickly.
How to write a research paper (choice of topic, structure, correct formatting)
The supervisor forms a task for independent work together with a student or separately. It is recommended to carefully read the assigned tasks, formulate questions, if any, and ask them to the teacher.
Research paper tasks
In the course of the research, students master skills and solve the following tasks:
- They systematize professional knowledge; learn the correct use of scientific, cognitive, and research methods.
- They form the trainees’ skills of solving practical problems.
- They structure approaches to scientific research of key problems, form ways to solve them.
- They develop skills of comprehensive preparation for the collection of empirical sources, facts, and the implementation of scientific research.
- They foster the need and ability to present to the scientific community their own achievements in science, based on accepted standards and formats.
Undergraduates master the key points in scientific work, the search for bibliographic and material sources, their analysis, and the formation of substantiated, objective conclusions based on the collected information.
Stages of writing a research paper
Basic principles and stages of writing a research paper:
1. Choosing a topic. First of all, it is necessary to determine the direction in which the research work will be carried out. Further, on the basis of a wide area, they form a topic directly, narrowing chronological, territorial, sectoral, and other frameworks. Creating a clear, concise, and relevant topic is one of the most important steps in working on a future research paper. It is created on the basis of previous research by other authors who conducted research in your direction. Do not forget that the topic should be of practical value and correspond to the topic of the student’s educational profile. The student proposes a topic that is approved, corrected, or challenged by the supervisor.
2. Formation of research tasks. The student needs to identify the problems that need to be solved in a research paper, as well as determine the ways to achieve the goal. It is recommended to discuss the assigned tasks with a supervisor or other teacher specializing in your research topic.
3. Search for reference material and bibliographic sources. Practically everything can act as a source: from material things to monographs, scientific articles, collective works, and others. The specific set of literature and sources depends on the specifics of the topic under study.
In order to logically process and shape the materials of the research paper, the undergraduate must adhere to the typical structure of such a project. The standard research paper consists of several parts:
- title page
- content (table of contents)
- several chapters, each of which can be divided into paragraphs
- list of references and sources (bibliography).
At the end of each chapter or paragraph, it is necessary to draw small conclusions that summarize the text presented. If the research paper implies the use of tables, graphic materials, diagrams, statistical data, then it is recommended to present them in separate appendices that follow the bibliographic list and are not included in the main part of the research paper.
Introduction of a research paper
The introductory part is much smaller in volume than the main part, but it occupies an extremely important place in the structure of the entire paper. It is the introduction that clearly demonstrates how well a student is able to set tasks, define a goal, formulate relevance, and apply scientific methods. Also, the introduction shows the practical skills and abilities of the student.
The introduction prescribes:
- purpose of the work
- object and subject of a research paper
- description of the problem.
A correct introduction is the starting point for writing the rest of the paper. Therefore, each point must be carefully studied and analyzed.
Conclusion of a research paper
The conclusion is that part of a research paper where you briefly discuss your research ideas and your results. The objective of including a conclusion in your research paper is to imprint an everlasting impression of your research in the mind of a reader. Thus, the concluding part is no less important than the introductory part. In a conclusion, you include;
- conclusions by chapters (briefly)
- information on activities aimed at solving the assigned tasks
- personal conclusions based on an objective analysis of bibliographic and other sources.
Writing a conclusion can be your pain in the neck, this is the stage of a research paper where students opt for the options like research paper writing service. But, if studied properly, it is really easy and swift to write.
Criteria to meet
A correctly performed and formatted research paper must meet a number of criteria:
- laconic, but capacious topic, corresponding to the educational profile of the student
- the volume depends on the specifics and subject matter
- uniqueness must be from 90%
- relevance and scientific value, explaining why the graduate decided to study this issue
- clearly formulated tasks and goals that increase interest in the research paper itself
- high-quality presentation of the main part: in chapters and paragraphs, they reveal the topic, summarize intermediate results, predict, experiment
- logically connected blocks within a research paper, a clear structure;
- an exhaustive bibliographic list that shows the depth and degree of study of the research topic, sources should be authoritative, objective, and relevant.
The conclusion is worked out to the maximum. All set tasks must be solved, and the goal must be achieved. It will be a plus if the student notes the advantages of his or her research paper, offers specific solutions and recommendations applicable to the issue under study.
If the text is supplemented with graphic materials (photos, illustrations), diagrams, tables, and others, it is necessary to attach additional pages in the form of attachments. If the research paper involves public defense, it is better to prepare a visual presentation using modern technology (computers, projectors, interactive whiteboards) if there is such an opportunity on the basis of the university.
The presented recommendations will help improve your research paper, make it more complete, comprehensive, and effective. At each stage, you should consult with your supervisor. Good luck!