You move freely every day without hassle, all thanks to your joints. They support you in all your daily lifestyle activities – running, climbing, dancing, waving at a friend, or hugging loved ones – and ensure you get the satisfaction you desire.
Poor lifestyle factors may impact your joint health. These include lack of exercise, lack of healthy diet, and excessive pressure on the joints.
- Exercise helps keep your body fit. This promotes the formation of strong bones and muscles, which your joint needs to maintain its stability.
- Eating a healthy diet will help ensure the supply of nutrients needed by your joints to stay healthy.
- The pressure resulting from excessive weight may result in a change in your joint structure.
Your body is made up of different types of joints. Those joints implicated in the mobility of your bone are called synovial joints. Of all types of joints, synovial joints are unique because they contain joint cavities – narrow space between your bones. These cavities are filled up with synovial fluid that consists mainly of hyaluronic acid. Synovial fluid is a thick liquid that plays a huge role in support of your joint functions.
- It lubricates the cartilage cap that covers your bone end.
- It also provides nutrients for the cartilage.
- It acts as a shock absorber that cushions the joint.
Synovial fluids are produced in the body from a natural substance called glucosamine. Glucosamine is a natural sugar found in animal bones, the shell of shellfish, and fungi. Glucosamine can also be a synthetic form (or from a vegetarian source) that may be formulated as joint supplements. To ensure your body has a sufficient supply of glucosamine, you need a joint supplement like USANA Procosa.
USANA Procosa is a joint supplement that contains an inCelligence joint support complex – made of vegetarian glucosamine and Meriva Bioavailable Curcumin – with vitamin C.
Glucosamine is formulated with Meriva* Bioavailable Curcumin because of its high effectiveness as compared with the glucosamine with chondroitin sulfate combination.
Curcumin is an antioxidant that supports bone and joint health. The curcumin preparation used is different from the standard type of curcumin preparation. This is because its bioavailability is 30 times more.
Benefits of USANA Procosa
Provides Complete Support for Your Joint Health:
USANA is a unique joint supplement with a blend of the nutrients needed to maintain joint health to ensure all your joints respond to your call when needed.
- Vitamin C: This is essential to the production of collagen (a component of cartilage, tendons, ligaments, bone, and teeth). Vitamin helps support the strength and stability of your connective tissues.
- Manganese: Manganese is a trace or micro mineral that gives strength to collagen. It’s also involved in the production of synovial fluid.
- Glucosamine: As earlier stated, glucosamine plays a major role in producing hyaluronic acid to help in lubrication. It is also essential for collagen production.
- Curcumin: Curcumin has been identified with its antioxidant properties. Curcumin maintains joint health and also contributes to bone health.
Maintains Your Skin Health:
Substances identified in the maintenance of joint health – hyaluronic acid and collagen – can also be used in the context of skin health. As the USANA Procosa joint supplement plays a major function in maintaining the level of these substances, it also contributes to skin health.
- Glucosamine maintains skin hydration by producing hyaluronic acid, which is an important molecule for skin moisture maintenance.
- Vitamin C due to collagen production helps support skin firmness and elasticity.
*Meriva is a registered trademark of Indena S.p.A.