Every time, starting a renovation, many are faced with the problem of choosing high-quality finishing materials. When the plastic windows are inserted, and the tiles in the bathroom are laid, the question arises of how to protect the result from destruction and give it an aesthetic look. Glue sealant comes to the rescue – a universal tool for applying to seams and joints between various surfaces. Such glue will protect both from the cold and from the fungus if you choose it correctly.
The adhesive sealant is a mixture consisting of a set of polymeric materials with various organic and artificial additives. The scope of its purpose depends on the main element that is part of the tool.
A Sealant Has A Number Of Beneficial Properties.
- The ability to adhere, that is, good adhesion to other surfaces, so that the edges do not lag anywhere, the surface with the glue does not swell and does not go bumps. The more surfaces that can be treated with the same type of sealant, the more versatile it is considered, and, accordingly, the more expensive it costs.
- Resisting the development of mold fungi, which is especially important for the joints between tiles in the bathroom, where, due to poor-quality sealant, sometimes all repairs have to be redone.
- Resistance to the formation of cracks in the seam and their destruction, because the adhesive is not a consumable that needs to be changed every year. Ideally, the sealant should withstand both mechanical shock and internal tremors and vibrations for years. If even a small crack has formed in the hermetically sealed seam, it immediately begins to let through both heat and moisture.
- The ability to easily tolerate changes in the environment, such as sudden temperature changes, increased exposure to moisture, dust, or ultraviolet radiation. Many types of sealants are used for outdoor objects, so it is important that they do not crumble after the first rain.
- Resistance when interacting with aggressive chemical elements, such as gasoline or alkali, is also very important, even if we are not talking about industrial facilities. For example, you can only glue the door rubber bands on your car so that they last at least a year, you can only use very high-quality material.
- Plasticity and viscosity also play a big role in choosing the right adhesive sealant, because it should smoothly fit into the gap and seam of any shape and depth, evenly distributed over the surface.
- The speed of drying and hardening, because the faster these processes occur, the safer the repair algorithm. This characteristic of sealants is especially important when repairing in open areas when the glue that cures for a long time will simply creep out from bad weather. In some cases, the slow rate of hardening, on the contrary, can be salutary, especially when the seam is closed inaccurately from sudden movement or carelessness. Otherwise, the quickly hardened material will have to be cut off at the places where the excess is formed with a knife or the result should be left as it is.